Help care for Victoria’s heritage – applications now closed
Applications closed on 20 March 2023.
The Minister for Planning is seeking expressions of interest for the following Heritage Council positions:
- One member who is an Aboriginal person and has relevant experience or knowledge of cultural heritage
- One member with recognised skills or expertise in the area of history
- One alternate member with recognised skills or expertise in the area of engineering / building construction
- One alternate member with recognised skills or expertise in urban or regional planning
- One alternate member with demonstrated understanding, expertise or interest in the State’s heritage or in the management of heritage places.
The Heritage Council of Victoria is made up of ten members and ten alternate members and is responsible for the identification and protection of places and objects of cultural heritage significance to the state of Victoria.
Members are required to attend bi-monthly meetings of the Heritage Council, participate in one or more of the Heritage Council’s Committees and / or Advisory Committees and be available to hear appeals in registration and permit matters.
Applicants are required to provide an Expression of Interest letter and a detailed CV through Join a Public Board.
The Victorian Government is committed to ensuring the diversity of our boards represents the diversity of our communities. Women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, young people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, gender diverse and intersex people are encouraged to apply. Applicants from rural and regional Victoria are also encouraged to apply.
Applicants with further questions should contact Damien Welch, Executive Officer, Heritage Council on (03) 8508 2776.