Built in 1844 by Georgiana and Andrew McCrae, McCrae homestead is a memorial to artist and diarist Georgiana and her family, as well as the homestead’s subsequent owners. The McCrae’s sold their lease after seven years but it returned to the family in 1961 when it was purchased by her great grandson and was then sold to the National Trust in 1969.
The exhibition includes artwork, photographs and stories to show the homestead through the years.
Celebrating 170 years of the Homestead is open Saturday and Sunday, 12 noon to 4pm, until the end of February. Admission charges apply for non-members.