Categories for Announcements
A Chinese gold rush camp in Bright, a limestone quarry established by Dame Nellie Melba’s father and one of the world’s first mass concrete gravity dam walls near Geelong were all added to the Victorian Heritage Register in June.
The January Registrations by the Heritage Council of Victoria included:
The fourth joint NSW-Vic registration of a Murray River bridge. The Old Cobram-Barooga, a two-span de Burgh truss bridge with a central single, vertical-lift opening span supported on cast iron piers, was the only border crossing fully funded by Victoria. It was constructed in 1902 by the Victorian bridge-building firm of JB and W Farquharson.